Basic authentication does not work (MVC)

Vote:

Hi,

SDK has clear instructions on how to implement basic authentication for webservices. I know from experience that the same steps work fine in CMS 6. But CMS 7 is such a continuous source of surprises; the instructions do not work as expected, at least when using MVC.

The problem is that basic authentication is prompted every time l need to login. Not just for /WebServices/ location, but also for edit/admin-view. Guess it is not by design, so what am I doing wrong or when can we expect a fix?

Mar 22, 2013 13:04
Vote:

I also confirmed that the same problem occures with Alloy webforms sample page. I'll write a bug report for episerver.

Apr 10, 2013 11:31
Vote:

Apr 10, 2013 16:18
Vote:

Seems like the default value for the sendBasicChallenge flag was changed to true as a part of configuration clean-up.

Adding:

<episerver.basicAuthentication sendBasicChallenge="false" basicRealm="" />

inside the top configuration element should resolve your problem.

Apr 10, 2013 17:17
Vote:

That worked! Thank you :)

Apr 10, 2013 17:34
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.